We moved from the UK to Australia in 1983 when I was nearly 12.
After my first degree, I moved to Canberra for my first job.
In August 2000, I went to Europe for ‘a year’s leave without pay’ and didn’t come back to Australia for 10 years.
Over the years, I have had some amazing travel experiences which I will cover here over time. They include:
- Staying in the Ice Hotel in Sweden
- Visiting Petra in Jordan
- Bolivia and Peru (including Macchu Picchu)
- The sites of Egypt
- Scuba diving in the Red Sea
- Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam
- Backpacking for seven months around Europe in 1994 including:
- Car trip (10 days) England, Scotland and Wales
- Car trip (7 days) Ireland
- Rail trip (3 weeks) France, Spain, Switzerland
- Eurotrail mega trip (8 weeks): Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, Greece, France, Switzerland
- Living in Switzerland for three years
- Morocco x 3
- Greece and Turkey sailboat liveaboards
- Uluru and King’s Canyon
- West Virginia and Washington DC
- Working for Med-Vet-Net: France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Malta